Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baked Alaska

I just spent a very long day with my son. It was nice, as it usually is...but exhausting. He doesn't nap and he spent the last hour and a half talking. I mean we were lying in the dark, and he literally did not stop talking until I threatened to leave the room and shut the door.

What does a two year old have to say for an hour and a half? He talked about catching bugs in a net, and trains, and car washes, washing machines, his new 'catepillar dumper truck' and the snow. He talked about his aunts and uncles and cousins and daddy (who incidentally was at work still at 8:00 p.m.). It's hard to think of anything we didn't talk about. The uses of cars, refrigerators, and the oven. Which happens to be the reason I am writing this blog post.

He started talking about the oven and how he was going to use the oven and I reminded him that only Mommy and Daddy use the oven. I asked,

"What does the oven do?"
he said brightly,
"It makes food. It makes ice cream and I eat a little bit."

I thought he was confused and I said,

"No, you're thinking of the refrigerator. The oven is hot, it doesn't have ice cream in it."

And then I remembered.

Tony made Baked Alaska last week.

I keep trying to correct the kid but he always seems to be right.

Wonder who he gets that from?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I’m Sam from The Mom and Dad Reviews. I’m wondering if you’re from Omaha. I’m looking to get a group together of Omaha bloggers to meet once a month to chat and have some coffee! I’m looking for our first date to be near the end of Feb. I thought Panera Bread next to Oakview Mall would be a nice place for our first meeting.

If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please shoot me an email at:
TheGiveawayQueen at hotmail dot com

Hope to hear from you soon!
Sam
http://www.themomanddadreviews.com/