Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Maybe you thought I fell off the face of the earth. But I didn't. I almost did and then I realized I graduate in May! So I'm still hanging on...On the edge but still hanging on.

The first thing my favorite instructor said to us on day one of her class:

"I want you to write down the three most important things to you."

I did.

"Now I want you to cross off one of those things. The less important one."

I did.

"That is going to be your life for the next two years."

In other words: You better get good at time management.

She was not exaggerating. Besides the fact that the woman knows her stuff, (I mean nursing, medical, etc.) I respect her because she was honest about what to expect.

And for once, my dear friends and family--

The light at the end of that tunnel is not an oncoming train.

Also, our first meeting for starting our adoption process is in May or July. We are excited to see what God has in store for us in the coming year!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I didn't know you were starting the adoption process!! I love it! How EXCITING! Keep me posted!

Megan said...

YAY!! So excited for you!! :)

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, SO excited for you!! Graduation and starting in the adoption proces.....looks like it might be a big year for you!! And, when you need an attorney to finalize the adoption I might know one! :)

Renee said...

Wow Kara! A lot is changing in your life right now! Congrats on the upcoming graduation and adopting! Let me know if you ever need to chat about the adoption stuff-it can be a long process, but the end result is fabulous:).