Saturday, October 24, 2009

So it begins


You know how some people tell the same stories over and over almost every time you see them? Or they told you yesterday, forgot, and are telling you again today? But you can't tell them you've already heard the story because then the conversation comes to an abrupt halt.


If you've talked to me recently, I'm one of those people. But I don't care, I'm going to tell the story again.

The other day I was sitting on the computer and the TV remote was sitting next to me on the table. Holden was running around and playing. He walked up to me, reaching for the remote,

"Tee? Tee? Tee?" (he is an insistent fella)


"No Holden, I'm not turning on the TV."


"Tee? Futball! Tee? Futball! Futball!"


Shocked (and embarrassed because do we really let him see so many sports that he's begging to watch them?), I said,


"No Holden, we're not watching football today."


He toddled away, looking for a toy. And then the next night Tony held him as they watched my dear husband's beloved Yankees in game 5 of the ALCS before bed. Tony put him in his crib half-asleep clutching a baseball. Yes, he went to sleep with a baseball.


The sports obsession has officially begun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute I can't belive I am telling you this
I REALLY REALLY MISS HIM AND HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT HOLDEN LOOKS LIKE YOU!!
Have a nice weekend
Love yea Diana

Natalie said...

That must be the difference between raising a boy and raising a girl....I'm not sure Makenzie will EVER ask to watch football - she's more likely to want her dad to change her babies diaper while he's trying to watch football! :) I'd just love for her to sit still for long enough to actually watch something on tv!!

Kara said...

I usually hold strong on not watching TV during the day but by about 6 p.m. I'm tired and cave easily to TV watching. :) I think Tony would have a fit if I bought Holden a boy babydoll to play with. I told Tony that I was going to buy a play kitchen (they have ones that aren't pink/girly now) for Christmas and he said no. I pointed out that most top chefs are male, but that did not sway him. I think I'll probably just come home with it sometime in December and refuse to take it back...

Natalie said...

Makenzie is getting a kitchen for her birthday....I don't think that's too girly at all!! I think it'll be a perfect Christmas gift for Holden - you could always "lose" the receipt then returning it won't be an option! :)

ps - we need to get together SOON, even if its just for a quick lunch or something!!

Unknown said...

That is so cute!