Sunday, June 13, 2010

I so wish I could get my camera working so you could see my garden gnome standing watch over a patch of dirt in the middle of my yard. Even as the owner of the house it seems strange to have a gnome standing in the middle of a yard. It is beyond quirky, but truthfully the only way to keep the birds away from my grass seed.

Little garden gnomes and children look deceptively similar.

I also wish the camera was working so I could have shown you earlier this week when Holden took his toy train and made it face the time-out corner and told me the train was in time-out.

Then he took his swim(ming?) trunks with Thomas the train on the front and laid them over the top of the train that was already in time out so as to also put the screen printed train in time-out.

Today my dear son himself went to time out for playing with the wall outlet (which he hasn't done for months and just started again a few days ago), sat there for a minute and then said,

"Sorry Mommy. Sorry Mommy." (He almost always does this) So I told him to come over to me,

"Why are you sorry Holden?"

He shook his head, "Zhishen, Zhishen." (I wasn't listening.)

While you may think I would be happy about this little interlude, I was dismayed because now my dear son uses this as his umbrella response.

Fortunately for him, it does usually apply to the situation.

Someone should have told me that having a two year old was so much work. I do vaguely remember someone saying something once, but really.

Really.






Guess what I did this morning? Stopped my Netflix subscription and subscribed to dish network HBO because the new season of True Blood starts tonight.

No comments: