Saturday, June 5, 2010

Real Good Man

I woke up this morning thinking about funnel cake. In every story the protagonist has a major flaw or the story is boring...

Although some may believe my major flaw(s) is/are my critical nature, tendency toward bossiness and know-it-all-ness, aloofness, and annoying perfectionism...

I think my Achilles' heel may be fried dough.

I love it so much that if I go to a county fair or street fair it is all I can think about until I have that warm paper plate covered in fried deliciousness and powdered sugar in hand (in mouth!).

The actual reason I am writing this blog entry is because I want to tell you how lucky I am as a wife. For example, if we go to a fair--DH knows the first thing we should do is get some funnel cake.


Okay, I'm actually writing because I am often guilty of complaining too much about and to my husband. And he is a great husband.


He took care of our son all night last night (Son has not been sleeping well...at all), then let me sleep in this morning. Then played with son in baby pool in yard. While son was napping DH mowed the lawn. Then sent me away to

'Do whatever you want, take as long as you want'. I went shopping. Then had dinner with a friend and did more shopping. I got home and DH was still wrangling dear son at 11:00 p.m. (the sleeping issues again).

Next weekend is our 5 year wedding anniversary and I think I've learned a couple things about marriage so far,

#1. Marry the right person. It makes everything easier.

#2. Marriage is like a big mirror. Take an honest look at yourself and choose to be the right person. Also makes things easier.

#3. It's all about compromise.





Right after DH and I got together a friend asked me how I felt. I said,

"I don't know if I'd call it love yet, but I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."

She smiled,

"Sounds like love to me."

Me too.

No comments: