Thursday, September 30, 2010

Harvest Moon

I am not a proponent of co-sleeping. Not at all. I like my space. Given a choice between sleeping by myself and with my husband, I choose by myself.
I know it probably sounds weird to some of you.

A shared bed does not a good marriage make (at least my personal opinion and I am qualified because I have a good marriage).
Sleep, on the other hand--I'd be willing to vote for. Two well rested individuals get along much better than two sleep deprived ones. And they also have more energy for...other things.

But that isn't even the topic I meant to discuss...

As many of you know, Holden has never been a good sleeper.

Please don't tell me about your kid who slept through the night at 6 weeks old.

There is nothing worse you can do to someone who hasn't slept much in 2 1/2 years than look incredulously at them when they tell you their sleep woes and say something like that.

It doesn't help. Not helpful.

Or maybe you thought about giving them advice about your "tricks" to get the kid to sleep? Because they haven't tried everything under the moon?

Also not a good idea.

Anyway, off the soapbox and back on the couch. Holden was really sick this week and had bronchiolitis and was croup-y with some stridor (upper airway swelling). It was not fun and in order to listen for him at night I let him sleep with me in bed.

And now I'm afraid I may have altered my entire sleeping life until the kid is in third grade. He would rather cry most of the night than sleep alone in his room.







PS. Last day of September! Woo Hoo!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I hear ya! James has never been a great sleeper either & we've resorted to co-sleeping quite a few times because it was the only way we could ALL get some sleep, so I feel your pain :). Hope he's feeling better now!