Friday, October 1, 2010



An acquaintance, having a short conversation with me, says,

"So when are you going to have another one?" Gesturing to my dear son.


Although I feel like they punched me in the gut, I smile and say lightly (and vaguely),


"We're not sure yet. Maybe when Holden is a little older."


When what I'd really like to say is this:


"I just had a kid last year. A kid that you don't see here because she is dead."


How do you think they would respond to that? *awkward silence*


On that light note, I will say I am at the point of considering trying to get pregnant again.

I said considering. I'm certainly not announcing anything--there is such a long leap from considering to trying. Based upon the beginning of this post, perhaps I'm not quite ready.


Maybe someday, when Holden is a little older.

No comments: