Monday, November 22, 2010

Two turkeys and a ham walked into a bar...


Is it wrong that this morning at 6:10 a.m. when my cat walked into the kitchen and vomited on the floor I waited a couple minutes to clean it up to see if the dogs would eat it?


I know, gross.


On Saturday I found another cake stand for $4. Tony asked me why I keep buying cake stands and I told him it's because then I will have plenty when I open my bakery. And also, it fills the space above my kitchen cabinets with pretty things.


I am in charge of the basics of Thanksgiving this year so my fridge is filled to the brim with 2 turkeys and a ham. Don't ask on the two turkeys thing...it wasn't well thought out. I did buy a cool digital thermometer that you can set to the desired internal temperature and it will beep. Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to use it for two turkeys at the same time. Also, my search for fresh sage has been futile, so if you know where I can find some let me know.


The last thing you should see before I go clean my entire house is this website for pumpkin cheesecake


2 comments:

Desiree said...

I didn't realize you baked! I want to have a little small town bakery too - someday - after the kids are gone - if I'm not too old then. :)
Did you go see the new Harry Potter movie? the word verification box you have to fill out always reminds me of a spell. "Exesso!" Wonder what that would do?

Kara said...

I'm not as good a baker as you, I've been meaning to take a cake decorating class for years but haven't made it to one yet! I have considered taking a part time job at a bakery just to learn more about decorating. And making doughnuts.
I did see the new Harry Potter movie after much moaning and groaning from Tony. It was okay. I need to re-read the books because I can't remember enough and this movie seemed very vague. Have you seen it yet?