Thursday, November 25, 2010

Watching The Grinch

1st ever cheesecake. Not so good. Not bad, but not good either. Apparently when it looks done--it's overdone. I'll have to remember that for next year. And also figure out how to cut it without it looking like Holden cut it. It is also currently located on top of the car in the garage.
Yum.

Day before Thanksgiving just-in-case turkey. We cut up the meat so we would have extra for the big Turkey day and I have another one brining in a 5 gallon bucket in the garage, ready to be slathered in canola oil and baked for a few hours. I'm taking credit but my husband really did most of the work on the turkeys. I did make homemade vegetable stock for the brine though.

I'm looking forward to this Thanksgiving. My 2009 Thanksgiving meal was a piece of chocolate cheesecake next to my dad's bed, so I'm ready for some turkey and mashed potatoes.
I'm also thinking of going to the new Harry Potter movie tonight.

No comments: