Monday, May 9, 2011

American Dreams

Now I just have to take (and pass) the Big Test. And then I will finally, finally be a RN.

The house contract fell through. I am not upset by this. The hubby and I have since had quite a few discussions about whether we can truly afford something if we have to take out a loan on it.

The consensus was no.

*Please make note here that this is not a judgement on other's choices. I don't really care what you do. I am only commenting on my personal situation and have neither the time nor the inclination to comment on anyone's life but my own. And since this is my blog...comments solely pertain to my life.*

It wasn't a particularly happy 'no' consensus by either of us, but undeniable that the uneasy feeling I got when I signed the purchase agreement for that house was probably not a good sign. I became even more uneasy upon the *contingent upon loan approval* part, and then even more so when I saw the good faith estimate. Which is not the reason the agreement fell through and only somewhat related to the point of this post.

I am sort of coming to terms with the fact that I may not be able to live with myself living in a house that I can't pay for in cash. But oh, how I want a spacious kitchen with miles of solid surface countertops and a large marble-top island for baking. I would very much like those things.

I suppose we all make our concessions for certain aspects of our lifestyles. I have so many vices, I'm not sure it is in my best interest to add a white picket fence to the list. Maybe a cheap efficiency apartment?

No comments: