Monday, May 2, 2011

Negotiation

One of my nursing instructors told us today that he doesn't believe in nurse's intuition. Some nurses will say 'I just had a feeling'. He says he doesn't believe in 'that feeling' but in subtle nuances in assessment data that lead the nurse to call the MD in the middle of the night while their patient is seemingly doing fine.

Call it intuition or whatever you want but I'm feeling that way about my in-progress house purchase. Whenever I have had this gut feeling in the past it usually meant I was going the wrong direction (with the purchase, not the move to a new city--just to be clear). My realtor called me this evening to tell me our new demands based upon the home inspection might blow the deal. She tried to convince me to change my mind.

In no uncertain terms I basically said with all due respect to your hard work, when I'm spending that much money I'll make all the demands I feel necessary and to hell with the deal (if that is the case).

The secret to negotiating is to never want it too much. There are other houses, and if we don't get this one we will get a different one.
I need to reduce the stress in my life.
I'm...almost...there.

I graduate this week!!

No comments: