Monday, May 23, 2011

I miss my dad today.

I know this may sound totally spoiled but I miss the way that as an attorney he could fix problems with just a simple, well worded letter. The encyclopedic way he knew to call the public service commission or the attorney general's office with certain problems.

I miss my free lawyer, confidante, mentor.

As I am crying my sweet son crawls in my lap and says,

"Why are you crying mommy? Don't cry, don't cry."

I guess it's my reminder that as long as I am able from now on I am to be a free nurse, confidante, and mentor to the sweet child in my arms.
Even when he gets too big to snuggle into the crook of my arm and sweetly say,

"Don't cry mommy. You got cry on me!" He wipes his leg and his spongebob pajama pants and starts jumping on the bed again.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Well, I know I'm not your dad, but I'm happy to be your free lawyer--seriously, call anytime!! Thinking of you!

Megan said...

aw such a sweet boy! Sorry I can't be there for you like I would like to be. Love you bunches though! :)