Sunday, April 25, 2010

For weeks I've been thinking Holden's diaper bag smelled like banana...but thought it was a lingering odor from one morning when I packed banana for breakfast.

I was rummaging in the bottom of the diaper bag today and felt something...slimy. So I pulled everything out and searched every pocket. And in one of the inside pockets that we never use I found...

A banana. Unlike any banana you've ever seen. Only the stem was recognizable and I couldn't even pull it out of the bag because all there was was mold/mush.

So the camo diaper bag is in the trash. I feel guilty since my dad gave it to me, and considered trying to salvage it, but can't stomach the idea of the level of mold that may be in that dark little pocket.

So I'm in the market for a new bag...but I'm considering holding out until my kid is potty trained. Can't be that long, can it?

1 comment:

Megan said...

LOL that is soooo gross! That does stink that it's the one from your dad, but I probably would have thrown it away as well. Good thing you finally checked...who knows what would have formed in there. : ) Love you!