Saturday, April 10, 2010




I know I do this a lot, but I have to tell someone other than my husband who just says




"Sell it!"




But today I wandered into an antique shop/used goods shop and found this cake stand. I have been looking for an antique cake stand exactly like this & my photography doesn't really do it justice. My wedding cake was actually even inspired by the look of this style cake stand (sorry, it's a picture of a picture).



I don't have a collection (housewares or anything) like many women do, but I do have a natural affinity for cake stands for some reason.


I paid $8 for it at the shop and knew I was getting a steal. I came home and searched it on ebay and most of these are listed around $60-$90.



I'm thrilled with my find, but my DH thinks my knack for finding cool things like this should mean that I sell them and make a profit.



There is no way I am selling this thing, I have been looking for one exactly like this for years.


I may even have to bake a cake today in celebration.

3 comments:

Heather Awad said...

Do you make that cake? Incredible! Lovely cake stand btw.

Kara said...

No, sadly I am not a cake lady...I would like to learn how to decorate cakes though. That particular cake was about $400,
which certainly made me wish I could make them myself. :)

Lisa Silvia said...

I love your cake stand!!! i am wanting one also. Not because I bake alot, but because when we have that stuff in the house it will look so much prettier on the stand. Im hoping for a covered one.