Thursday, April 29, 2010


I was experimenting in the kitchen today and stumbled upon an easy easy recipe for chocolate mousse pie.

One refrigerated pie crust from the refrigerator section of the supermarket
(bake & cool pie crust prior to starting)
One cup heavy whipping cream
One cup skim milk
One package instant chocolate pudding
2 Milk chocolate bars

In automatic mixer, start whipping 1 cup heavy cream on medium setting. After cream starts to thicken (but not peak) add one cup milk and package of instant pudding and continue mixing until medium peaks form. Transfer filling to pre-baked pie shell & refrigerate to set.
Garnish top with chocolate shavings prior to serving.
I haven't had a reason to make this yet, but I made the mousse filling today and it was awesome! Tastes like the easiest French silk pie ever!
I am considering adding a ganache glaze to the inside of the pie crust and letting it set before filling it with mousse...

This is what I'm doing instead of studying for my final. Making desserts for no reason.

1 comment:

Megan said...

ooooo I miss going to VI with you to get French Silk Pie!! Sounds Delicious!!!