Thursday, April 15, 2010

The neurologist told me what is wrong with me today:

Hemianoptic migraines.

Not pleasant, but treatable. Strangely it's a migraine that doesn't necessarily have a headache associated with it (but it can), but it can cause strokes if left untreated.

I'm just glad to have some sort of diagnosis.

I was starting to wonder if I was losing it.

I do have to stop eating most of my favorite foods--but without cheddar cheese, chocolate, marinated meats, sour cream, yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, hot fresh breads, coffeecakes and doughnuts, foods with MSG, onions, citrus fruits, bananas, pizza, avocado, pepperoni, and alcohol

I will probably lose weight. The only things left in my diet after I take all those "trigger" foods out are Diet Dr. Pepper & water. Mercifully, migraines are not caused by caffeine and caffeine can actually be used to treat them.

Happy tax day everyone. Today I'm glad I'm not a procrastinator.

No comments: