Thursday, December 30, 2010

Yum.

I went to the doctor yesterday and told her,

"I think I have a sinus infection. Gross mucus, pain in the face." And gestured to my face. She nodded. Not bored, really, but same old story.

"And my cheek inside my mouth hurts. Please look at it."

I think she thought I was being overly dramatic. I have a tendency to be a hypochondriac.

"Did you bite your cheek?"

"No. I think that is from my sinuses. My jaw hurts too. Kinda weird."

"Hmmm. It's been awhile since you've taken anything. I'm going to put you on something stronger."

"So is it from my sinuses then?"

"You definitely have an infection."

Now I can't remember where I was going with that story. But my face hurts.

So I'll post what I meant to post in the first place.

The Most Wonderful Recipe For Corn Casserole You Will Ever Eat
(A.K.A. Corn Casserole Paula Deen style)
(A.K.A. You may as well just eat the stick of butter)
(A.K.A. Holy Hell No Wonder You've Gained Weight Kara!)

1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

No comments: