Monday, April 27, 2009

Phantom Kicks

In the last few days I have had "phantom kicks"--feels like a baby kicking but obviously is not. I'm sure the brain has a lot to do with them, somewhat like phantom limbs. My milk came in about two days ago and I am still engorged and in pain, but not as bad as yesterday. Funny how I thought I had supply issues but it still hurts like crazy to be engorged. I don't really know what else to say. The memorial is tomorrow at 11, and then we are going to relax as much as possible, although I will still have to wait and see how Dad's brain surgery went (it starts tomorrow morning for 5 or more hours) (could this week get any worse, really? Dare I even ask?) We had two different people stop today and drop off casseroles which was really really nice, and although I haven't had much of an appetite I really appreciate it. I'm sure Tony does too.
Here is what will be printed inside Allison's memorial card:

Our beautiful daughter Allison,
Having you with us was one of our greatest blessings,
with deep sorrow we must say goodbye.
It is a comfort to know that our sweet Ally is in our Father's hands forever.

"Therefore do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

No comments: