Thursday, April 30, 2009

Holden

I haven't written much about Holden lately because I've been a little self-involved. He spent last weekend with his grandma and Tony has had to do most of his care since then because I can't lift him yet (or shouldn't lift him, I could lift him if I had to). But this morning Tony is getting a little bit of sleep and I am sitting here feeding him banana (which he loves) and thinking about what an interesting little person he has become.

Lately it seems that all of the things he has been observing for the last year are coming together in his mind...he's been stacking blocks, and pointing at everything he sees, trying new words, climbing on things (or trying to). All of a sudden he just became this little person with lots of skills beyond crawling and pooping. I enjoy watching him learn these things. I think sometimes it's more fun for me than it is for him to find he can do new things.

I have enjoyed each new stage even more than the last, although they do make me a little sad because my boy is never going to be (insert age here) again. He is also such a happy boy and easygoing, nothing like my personality--he is way more like Tony than me.

I am so blessed.

We are going to visit my Dad today, so hopefully he is feeling ok. I wish we could take Holden in to see him but in ICU I don't think they allow kids. I wish they did because I think it would make his day much better if he got to see Holden. Maybe later this week.

No comments: