Tuesday, April 21, 2009


Well, Holden's party was fun. It was a lot of work, but fun. We pretty much only had family there and it was mostly Tony's family. Holden enjoyed his cake and I only had a couple teary moments (thankfully not at the party).


I was thinking last night and today about how nice it is to have Tony home all the time. When he was in the Marines it was phone calls every night for an hour or so and that was it, but now I can sit an talk with him after Holden is in bed for an hour or two. Those are my favorite nights. Sometimes I also get frustrated living so far away from things, especially friends, but on nice spring nights (before the mosquitos come) we can sit on our front patio and watch the beautiful Nebraska sunsets since we have a clear horizon West of our house. It's nights like that I'm glad we live where we do, although sometimes I still long to sit by the ocean and watch it roll in for hours. Maybe when we retire.


Also, I'm excited about garage sale season! It's about that time, and I'm thinking of having one of my own this year because I have tons of crap to get rid of.


I haven't felt much like writing in my blog lately, so sorry to those of you who come here and find that I don't post very much. I'm going to try to do it at least twice a week from now on.

No comments: