Saturday, December 26, 2009






Merry Christmas to me! For Christmas from Santa* I received the long coveted KitchenAid mixer. It’s white if you care. I also got the mini food chopper I wanted and a pair of gloves I really need (among many other things—our family is so generous).

The main thing I received this Christmas was the ability to spend it with my immediate and extended family despite what will forevermore be known as:

The Blizzard Of 2009.

Sitting in my grandparent’s basement in an old blue wingback chair watching football while my husband lies on the bed snuggling with my son…I don’t think life can get much better than this.

We have power, food, and water to boot.

I am running out of diapers and my husband is getting a little stir crazy (I think that has more to do with a certain nicotine habit than actually sitting and watching football all day), but luckily we should be able to make it home tomorrow with Holden, the dogs, and the presents in tow.





*Hereafter "Santa" and "Dear, doting husband" will be used interchangeably.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work! Whatcha mixing up. Heather and I just watched the movie, "Julie and Julia" .. watch and you'll probably be ready to mix up some stuff. Love you sis

Desiree said...

Pretty fun! We were out at my parent's house. Now power Christmas morning. Mom just got a gas stove a few years ago so we were still able to enjoy our traditional Christmas breakfast; blueberry pancakes and syrup. We used snow to make the syrup! Oh! Pioneer!

Jealous about the kitchenaide mixer. I've wanted one for years. I did get an awesome kitchenaide food processor though. Bring on the homemade baby food!

Funny - Elsie and I are having a girls day and watching Julie and Julia. :)

Kara said...

I got a mini food chopper (although I was looking at the food processor), but not kitchenaid...I've been wanting to make some hummus all day but have no garlic on hand and too lazy to load up the kid in the car :) Maybe tomorrow.