Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lesson I learned last weekend:

Don't ever, under any circumstances, go out drinking with your in-laws.

You'd think by 28 and almost 5 years of marriage I would know this is not a good idea but apparently I'm a slow learner. I'm not a drinker. I don't really like the taste of alcohol, or how it makes me feel when I drink, or how I feel when I wake up the next morning.

I never could quite understand people who go out drinking every weekend--my contact with these people has slowed down since I

a) hit the age of 23 and (lost its novelty)

b) had a child (seriously? I just want to sleep)

Not only did we close down the bar, because I'm a glutton for punishment*--we decided to go to breakfast on Sunday with the whole family...MIL, stepFIL, grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle. Yes, I said breakfast--not brunch. It left me wondering why, why is 9:00 a.m. better than 11:00 a.m. for eating?

Luckily, I don't talk much when I've had too much to drink, I just smile. So I don't think I said anything (too) stupid.

Happy 60th birthday stepfather-in-law.








*because of the hangover, not the in-laws

No comments: