Thursday, January 7, 2010

This is what I do when I am stressed or sad. I bake.

Top is a homemade (crust and all!) pecan pie with pieces of white and milk chocolate. On the bottom are raspberry lemon tartlets.

Tony asked me for a small piece of pecan pie as he started watching the National championship game, rooting for Texas only because they are in the Big 12 and Nebraska almost beat them. So it should theoretically give a good gauge at how Nebraska will look in the standings next year. Or so my hubby says.

As I cut a sliver of the pecan pie, I told him how I don't even really like pecan pie. He said,

"Funny, I don't either."

"So neither of us like pecan pie? And we have a whole one here?"

It turned out so well that both of us liked it, but left me wishing my friend M lived closer because I know she likes pecan pie.

I'm seriously gonna have to stop watching the food network. This is getting ridiculous.

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Oh, how can you not like pecan pie. Sorry i love it! Enjoy it, the tarts look good too!

Megan said...

It looks absolutely DELICIOUS!! : )

AEdwards said...

MMM - looks delish! Recipe for raspberry lemon tartlets???