Saturday, February 20, 2010




I bought a grey partially sequined t-shirt today. In my defense I have been watching too many Friday evening marathons of What Not to Wear and I bought a cute pink cardigan to wear over it.
But still. Sequins.
When I tried it on to show my dear husband (before the cardigan went on), he said,
"It looks like you're going to the bar."

Can you do homework at the bar? Because that's pretty much all I do these days.

You may (or may not) be interested to know you actually can do homework at the bar and I know this because my dear husband spent one afternoon (and $24 on beer) doing his homework at the sports bar.
They do have WiFi.
Who takes their laptop to the bar? Besides my husband, I mean.

Another fun thing about this week:

My kid vomiting everywhere.

I was sitting at my desk when from the living room in a frantic voice I hear,

"Honey! Honey! Get in here now!"

I round the corner to see what is going on because I'm afraid Holden is choking and I see a man and his sweet toddler drenched in vomit. After I stripped Holden down, stood him in the shower and rinsed him off, I ended up lying in the recliner for the rest of the night holding him and listening for the "Eh...Eh..." which is Holden-speak for,

"I'mgoingtovomitin15secondsmommy.


Getmethetrashcanrightnowifyoudonotwantvomitinyourhair."

I think I did get vomit in my hair. All I know is that when I woke up for the day on Friday at 5:40 a.m. everything seemed to reek of it.
My sweet kid feels better now, but the poor hubby seems to have caught it (who knew vomit all over you may make you sick too?) and is now sleeping sitting up in the recliner.

I'm considering putting a trash can next to him just in case.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon!! I can't believe how big Holden looks in these pictures--he looks like such a little boy now!!