Thursday, February 25, 2010

My week in pictures

Three and a half hours



is how long my child cried between the hours of 7:35 p.m. and 11:20 p.m. last night.

No, nothing is particularly wrong with him...except a stubborn streak a mile wide.
He didn't want to sleep in his own bed. So after miserably failing at normal parenting last night, and extremely tired, I thought I would try a little attachment parenting.


I really only have one comment to make about this particular sleeping arrangement:
It's painful.




So I slept in on Monday because my dear husband was watching Holden. This is what I found when I woke up.

I really don't mind wearing them while driving or around the house because the right earpiece is still functional, but yesterday I went to get the oil changed and forgot I had them on.

I'm still hoping the guy didn't notice.







We were up off and on all night last night.

More than 10 times.

This is what my dear child looks like in the morning.




Sadly, I so do not.

































2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh my goodness it is a good thing they are so stinkin cute in the morning after they put us through the ringer at night... I know that God did that on purpose! Yes, it WILL get better, I am sure. Someday they will be teenagers and we will be yelling to get them OUT of bed. I can not wait for that day. Then, I am going to go wake him up every 90 minutes all night long.

Amanda S. said...

lol oh i can only laugh because i feel your pain. Gavin isn't as stubborn to cry for 3 hrs but by golly those kids are stubborn, now where do they get that from????? ok guilty as charged. So sorry about the rough night of sleep, sounds like mine the last few nights with a cold on top of it. I like what Stefanie wrote! Can't wait to wake them up every 90 minutes.