Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bitchfest

I consider myself a patient person. Not really glass half full type of person, but I can make lemonade from lemons if you know what I mean.

If forced to.

But I don't really like lemonade.

In the last month I have spent $600 on my car(s). Then this week the windshield in one car got hit with a huge rock, then the next day DH went in the ditch on his way to work, had a friend tow him out and on the way home his tire blew on the interstate (with my dear child inside). So yesterday 2 new tires--which isn't really a big deal, but my immediate family being in two minor accidents in one day is.

It's in the shop now to see if the thing is salvageable, at least driveable for a little while longer. It's not even the money being flushed that is bothering me so much as the time and effort we are spending on little problems that keep cropping up.

So then last night after 12 hours at clinicals and at 12:30 a.m. after staying up for a half hour to talk to my husband whom I haven't seen in three days, my dog pees all. over. the. house.

Including (and this is the doozy) in the middle of my bed and on the carpet all over my bedroom (the rest of the house is laminate and easy to clean up).
So now I need a new mattress.

And carpet/flooring.

And then I woke up this morning (from a different bed--a mattress we dragged into Holden's room on the floor) and there was pee everywhere in the living room. And poop.

I took him to the vet today and he doesn't have a physiological ailment. So our dear dog Max is probably headed to the farm. Either a real farm or the big farm in the sky.

I can't deal with him anymore.

I just want to have a good week one week. Where nothing goes wrong and I'm not shelling out big money to just get by.
I know what you're thinking...sounds like life.
And why don't I just get rid of my dog and car and get a new car.

Why don't I?

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh man...Thats some week your having! Hope your better day(s) come quickly! Love you!! : )