Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Freecycle


I've been watching hoarding shows on A&E and the new one on TLC. For the first time maybe ever, TV has propelled me into action. I'm not a hoarder, not even close. The problem with my cluttered areas is more laziness/busyness and lack of access to a truck/dump.


But this week is spring break, and here is the answer, my friends:




I post,
"Hey I have some crap to get rid of, will leave it on the porch." (or something similar, usually slightly more descriptive), and someone comes to pick it up.


I'm well aware I could probably make some money off these things. But I hate garage sales. Don't get me wrong, I love going to them and buying other people's crap. But I don't like sitting in my driveway and selling things. I'm more of a rip the band-aid off sort of person, and if I sit and look at the items too long before I part with them, I tend to rationalize...


It goes something like this:


I think I can use that coffee maker that is missing a carafe/fabric to make throw pillows/half a tower of a computer/two dog bowls that belonged to my childhood dog who died when I was seventeen/giant box of cardboard packing material/two old TVs/slightly ripped loveseat someday. I'd hate to get rid of it/them and then need them later.


I know I said I'm not a hoarder, but you can see where these sort of tendencies might lead. I do actually have all these things in my house or garage. And I promise I will get rid of them, except maybe the fabric.




I think I might actually use that.





Uh oh.

No comments: