Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Madness

My wonderful sister-in-law watched my son this weekend.

So you know what that means...

Hours of sweaty, chest heaving, melt in a pile of quivering muscles fun.

Yes, my dear husband and I played one-on-one basketball. He took it really easy on me on account of my bum knee and lack of real aerobic exercise in quite some time. It made me feel young again.

Did I tell you my husband was my next door neighbor growing up? So we grew up playing basketball together in my driveway (along with my brother, brother's friends, and my best friend).

I am very competitive and love basketball. And my husband loves me probably only slightly more than he loves sports. So us playing sports together is (one of) the most fun things we can do together.

Then we spent the rest of the evening eating orange chicken, crab rangoon, & fried rice and lying on the couch together watching TV. I love spending time with my husband, and it's even clearer why we are so good for each other when we get a little time alone together.

He was so sweet he even went to pick up our son so that I can do nothing today (no homework, no cleaning, no nothing I don't feel like doing).

After almost 7 years together I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments: