Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Half empty

Whenever I used to mope around or complain, or sob, babbling about how much life sucked (when I was younger) my dad used to always tell me to read the book of Job. He thought that'd do the trick to give me some perspective. It usually worked, too.

So this week I was in the ER with symptoms of TIA, which is similar to stroke but without lasting damage. And I went to the doctor the next day and asked the PA what her differential diagnosis would be. Here is what she said, but I had to goad her because she didn't want to freak me out. I don't freak out too easily (believe it or not) so I waited expectantly until she told me:

1) Transient Ischemic Attack possibly related to heart issues
2) some sort of seizures
3) Multiple Sclerosis

Then I talked to my doctor today when I was in the process of several tests to rule out all of the above (very serious) diagnoses and she thought maybe some sort of clotting disorder.

In other words they have no freaking idea. But I do think the tests should provide some illumination on the situation.

So my theory that damn it things have to get better, they cannot get much worse is not necessarily panning out as I had hoped it would. But I'm still working on the cup-half-full thing, I really am.

It's been too long since I read the book of Job anyway, I better get started.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Yikes! Hope all turns out okay.

Kara said...

Good news! No brain tumor, stroke, or MS...
but still don't know what is causing all this.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh! Praying for you! Love it when you get multiple diagnoses. Please keep me posted on what you find out. Love you!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thinking of you friend, and hoping you get some answers SOON!!! Let me know if there's anything I can do....I'm still on maternity leave, so it would be easy to take off with the kiddos and come keep Holden if you have dr. appts.!