Sunday, March 21, 2010


I had my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. It is Sunday and I still can't feel part of my face.
I am growing concerned that perhaps my slightly psychologically traumatic wisdom tooth surgery (moderate sedation...but I could still feel everything! They wouldn't stop!) actually injured or damaged one of my nerves. I eventually started crying and maybe fighting against the doctor before they believed that I wasn't fully anesthetized.
But my concern now is that perhaps during all this the nerve on my bottom jaw was injured or damaged, because I can't feel part of my bottom left jaw/lip. I'm calling that doctor's office tomorrow morning and getting more pain meds/some answers about what actually happened.
I've felt like crap all weekend and look like a chipmunk. Watching a lot of TV these days. Avoiding doing homework because I've been on narcotics. I just ran out, which is a shame because I'm still in a lot of pain. And now I have no excuse not to do homework.

1 comment:

Messy Mommy said...

Getting my wisdom teeth out was worse than childbirth!