Monday, May 17, 2010

Blessing

I'm sorry to you readers out there who check this blog on a regular basis. I have been slacking like crazy, and realize my posts have no meat to them.
Mostly just dessert.

It's not because I have nothing to talk about, rather--I have so many things to talk about I'm having trouble narrowing it down.

After 2 years and many many sleepless nights I finally feel like a mother.
After 5 years and (many sleepless nights...wait, that doesn't go here...) many challenges, I finally feel like a wife.

I don't spend weekend evenings anymore wishing I was going out with my friends/to a bar/out to eat.

1) Because I like being with my family and working in the yard, watching a movie or watching my child and/or
2) Because I don't really have many friends who live close enough and aren't busy with their own husbands and children.

I know you probably think it is strange that it took me this long to ease into these roles. I certainly thought I would adjust more quickly that I did.
I am thinking about all this because one of my friends is getting married this week. She is a longtime, dear friend of mine and has been there for me many times when I really needed a friend.

We see each other now less frequently than we did when we were younger. Mostly because our lives have diverged. But not really in a sad way, in the way that means you're growing up and moving on. I think maybe someday our paths will cross again, in the way that good friends sometimes do.

Did I already tell you that I believe in soul mates? In both the sole mates and soul mates sense. I believe that you choose your sole mate (as in spouse), but I also believe in soul mates--
and not in the romantic sense most people associate with that term.

I believe soul mates are the people who were always meant to cross paths and learn something from each other.

So, for my dear friend K--on this special week,

"May your home be filled with laughter and the warm embrace of a summer day. May you find peacefulness and beauty, challenge, and satisfaction, humor and insight, healing and renewal, love and wisdom, as in a quiet heart. May you always feel that what you have is enough."

No comments: