Monday, May 24, 2010




I know I am not posting with my usual frequency, but last week I started school, had a sinus infection, got a cold, and helped set up a wedding...including making a bridal bouquet--which may sound easy, but it is not.




I wish I had a better picture of it, but my photography skills are not as good as my floral skills. Maybe if I get permission I will post some wedding photos.




I am learning these days that I am not as fun when I don't drink. And if you ask my husband he would probably tell you the same (he has certainly been telling me for years). That last sentence didn't sound so bad in my head, but typing it makes me sound like fun Bobby. I am just introverted and high strung so drinking helps grease the wheels.




But I quit drinking last month (not that I ever drank much) because of my headaches, so at the wedding I was pretty reserved. I did dance, but spent probably longer than I ever have talking with one of the bridesmaid's husbands about CRP grass. Not that it wasn't interesting, just not what I would normally be doing at a wedding.




And then when I was talking to one of my pregnant friends I mentioned my stillborn daughter, which is so not okay. Yes, mentioning Ally is okay, but no--not when aforementioned friend is 30 or so weeks pregnant.




I hate it when you're pregnant and people talk about the most horrific pregnancy stories, like their fast labor, or the epidural that didn't work, or their emergency c-section with a baby in distress, or a newborn's apgar scores that were in the toilet, or...their stillborn baby--
as if you're not worried enough about the possible negative outcomes. So I was that lady. I caught myself and apologized profusely. If you're reading this, M--I am sorry again.


Everything will turn out great for you and Baby.




Overall the weekend went well, but now DH, Holden, and I are all sick with some respiratory illness. It was all I could do to drag myself out of bed this morning when I heard Holden rummaging around in his closet and then hitting the baby gate in his doorway with a vacuum attachment (I store the vacuum in his closet).




I should be napping right now.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Fun Bobby makes me think of many great memories watching Friends at Big Blue. Hope you feel better soon!