Monday, May 10, 2010

Disregard the previous pie recipe I posted and use this one instead...


1-1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes (may add more to taste)
1/4 cup almonds
1 package instant Jello pudding-coconut cream flavor
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk (I use skim but any kind)
1 premade oreo pie shell

Toast coconut in 300-350 oven until golden brown (stir often). 1/4 cup almonds into food processor until very fine consistency. Chill bowl and whisk of automatic mixer until ready to start. Whip heavy cream in auto mixer until soft peaks form (just barely). Continue whipping and add pudding mix and milk slowly at the same time. slowly add in almonds and coconut until well mixed and beat until stiff peaks form. Fill oreo pie shell with mixture and garnish with almond, coconut, and chocolate curls as desired. I have been freezing it until 2-3 hours before time to serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Okay seriously no more recipe posts unless they are dairy and soy free...you're killin' me!! :) They sound WAY to good!! I have to take Makenzie to the dr. in Omaha next Thurs....her appointment is at 10:30, and I think we're headed home later that day, so if you're up for company we'd love to stop and say hi! Let me know!