Tuesday, May 25, 2010


I am sitting in the recliner watching a History channel show called Ancient Aliens. I don't particularly believe in aliens. I don't particularly disbelieve either. I'm neutral on the subject and watching it because a neutral-feeling show is just what I needed because tonight is the season finale of NCIS (my favorite show on television) and I DVR-ed it. I am drawing out the suspense for myself because I know I have a long summer of no NCIS ahead of me.


So don't tell me the end. Especially if there is any chance Mark Harmon might get the ax.


I started arguing with my husband this morning because he woke me up at 5:21 a.m. to tell me that the power went out and I should reset my alarm before he left for work. This morning he got my child ready for the babysitter, took all the trash to the curb, and then took my kid to drop off at the sitter before he had to be at work (at 6 a.m.).


There is no reason he should have known to reset my alarm to 6:31 a.m., but at the irrational time I thought it made sense. Called him and had him turn around 2 minutes after he left because he had my purse in the car.

Argued with him on the phone as he drove to drop off child at babysitter.
Got to class (8:30 a.m.) and said to myself,
Am bitchy today. Maybe shouldn't talk too much. To anyone.

Not a good way to start the day--I'm easing my guilt by posting here. Don't worry I already begged forgiveness (sort of). But still feeling a little guilty because he is putting our son to bed and I am sitting here surfing the internet and watching an alien show.


By the way if they exist I don't think they are going to attack us.


Humans are more likely to destroy themselves first.


I never claimed to be an optimist.

No comments: