Saturday, July 10, 2010





All I can really say after a 7 hour flight from Omaha to Denver and a 2 hour flight from Denver to Reno...and taking care of a 2 year old for 72 hours alone (I know, how sad is it that I meltdown after only 72 hours?)...I am very tired.

I do have a theory that it is partly the altitude to blame, but I think it's mostly the two year old.
I'm feeling a little uninspired at the moment as far as blog-writing goes. I'm just enjoying seeing my older brother and sister-in-law and sitting on their shady deck in one of the best deck chairs ever, eating coconut cocadas (which I've never heard of before, but thinking of going to the store and buying enough to fill a huge box and sending it back to Nebraska) and trying to keep my kid from breaking things.
Just the last part takes up quite a bit of energy. The kid, not the cocadas.
Also, I walked into a gas station the other day--there is the possibility it may have been in a scarier area of town (after all, what is a tattoo shop if not in a run down building in a scary area of town? But don't worry, it was very clean.) and there were three guys sitting there playing slot machines.
In a gas station.
I mean really?
Who says, "Hey, I think I'm going to go get gas and play some slots."
But it was the middle of the day so I suspect they probably didn't have anywhere else to be...like at a job.

No comments: