Sunday, July 11, 2010

I am staying at my brother's house sitting alone on his huge leather sectional and watching The Grand Ole Opry--which reminds me--when I was a child staying at my grandparent's house on the weekends they used to watch The Statler Brothers every Saturday night.

And sometimes I would get to stay up and watch Nick at Nite. We didn't have cable when I was younger so to me, this was a major treat. Although now it's hard to believe that watching I dream of Jeannie was a treat. But even now when I scroll through my hundreds of channels and see that show on--I always turn it on...if only for a minute.

Okay, so I'm wondering to myself...at what age should a woman cut her hair shorter, stop wearing bikinis, and stop getting tattoos? I know the Baby boomer generation would like to believe you're never too old for these things, but my husband and I are kind of old souls and I think there should be proper rules for such things. I'm also big on manners--mostly handwritten thank-yous and such.
Which, by the way...did you know you aren't required to write thank yous for funeral gifts?
I actually still have some thank yous from my dad's funeral and some other stuff sitting on my counter I should really send. So if you are one of the overlooked thank yous...I apologize.


Okay, so what age? I tried on a two piece suit earlier this summer and decided that after two c-sections it's just not the best idea.

Too...lumpy.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I don't think there's an age where you have to give up bikinis and long hair....but I think 2 kids takes its toll on the belly, and I'm opting for a tankini at this stage in life! :) And, I'm growing my hair out! And, if you hadn't noticed by the comments on nearly every post lately, I totally love reading your blog, and I might check it a little bit obsessively to see if you posted anything new!

Amanda S. said...

So the whole bikini thing: if you can sport it wear it. I can't so i don't. As far as the short hair, if you like it and your hubby likes it do it anyway you want. lol. Totally agree on the hand written thank yous but i don't always do it. Hey i love your blog and you can always call me if you need to talk. Day or night. I know that we don't know each other that well but im here to listen or help in anyway!

The Wiechman's said...

I am here! I check on you a couple times a week, if not even daily. I haven't worn a swim suit in public in a while. I vote for the tankini option for myself if I ever buy a new one. Hair: Do what you want, as long as its not multicolored like a peacock who cares, you have to like it and deal with it. I am here if you ever need anything. I too know we are not close, but your family will always be special to me.

Megan said...

tankini is always great! If you can pull long hair off do it! I love reading your blog...... Don't stop writing!

Beth said...

Sometimes I ask myself ... does this outfit(bikini) say "i'm 27 and trying to make good decisions?" depending on the anwser i do or do not wear the thing ;)

Stefanie Rowe said...

Just want you to know that I love your blog