Thursday, August 5, 2010


I think my husband may have been a carnie in a former life. He made me funnel cake tonight...mostly as an experiment because he knows about my complete obsession with funnel cake.

Something about the way the powdered sugar melts into the hot golden brown batter and oil of a funnel cake fresh out of the pan. Oh my.

I am beginning to think maybe my husband doesn't like to be able to feel my hip bones when he grabs my waist...because he has made me 3 fried dishes this week. Crab cakes, fish tacos (with homemade beer battered fried fish), and funnel cake.

Ten year class reunion here I come.

While he was standing over the hot oil, he turned around and found me standing at the kitchen counter, fried batter in hand, pajama top and face covered in a light dusting of powdered sugar.

Yes, that's me.

Sexy.

He encouraged me to eat another whole funnel cake but I told him about my rule about one funnel cake per year.

No really, it's my rule. So I dusted myself off and held my ground.

Then we had a rather lengthy discussion about how a funnel cake might taste when it is reheated-- and I pointed out that I don't think I've ever had a funnel cake last long enough to wonder if it tasted good reheated.

Really.

So now my carnie husband is boxing up the remaining funnel cakes to share with his coworkers on a work-related road trip tomorrow.

Do you think cold funnel cake tastes like doughnuts in the morning?

1 comment:

Tonia Koch said...

i wish my hubby cooked me a funnel cake!! lol looks yummy!!