Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Growing Pains

Whew.

My dear son officially started early intervention services with the state today. I have had several concerns about his sensory processing and hyperactivity and brought them up with his doctor who suggested the "full workup" with early childhood development, SLP (speech language pathologist), OT (occupational therapy), and PT (if needed--which he really doesn't).

When I went through the list he had a quite few in each category (sensory processing disorder and ADHD) so we'll see if I'm totally a helicopter mom and paranoid or if we will actually be helped by some sort of individual family education plan or IEP for him. Perhaps we will all get some rest in our house.

He is so sweet and I just want him to be able to get some rest. We talked about maybe having a sleep study done on him as well (wouldn't it be great if it was something that could be corrected physiologically? I find that sort of thing much easier to deal with).

On to me.

Have had several job offers. Wondering if the old adage about marriage holds true for career.

"It's just as easy to fall in love with a well paying job as a poorly paying one."

Hmmm...I'm not sure it works. Perhaps I should ask the teachers and social workers out there if this is true? Ha. All meant in jest, mostly because I know a lot of great teachers who love going to work every day. I'm not sure any of them would love a corporate job that much.

But I digress.

Only other news is that my transmission has to be rebuilt to the tune of $1800.

So to recap, decisions to make today:

Relocate, do not relocate?

Sell house, do not sell house?

Buy new car, do not buy new car?

Admit that I'm having difficulty parenting my child, or do not admit it?

Paint bathroom, or play outside? (this one is easy)


Like I said: Whew!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Relocate....close to me!! That decision is an easy one! :) Spend your time and energy thinking about the rest. I know a LOT, LOT of kiddos who have benefited from Early Development Network services - not sure if that's what its called in Utica, but that's what we call it here, and it is a terrific program!!