Sunday, March 27, 2011

If you thought I was going to write about my first foray into 'organized' sports in 5 years...you would be right.

I played in my alumni volleyball tournament last weekend. It was fun. Made even more fun because of the great ladies I was playing with. They were forgiving of my passing transgressions, and the fact that I can't remember how to hit right side or serve overhand or rotate properly (sometimes).

But earlier this week I was using my laundry basket as a walker because my knees hurt so badly. I'm afraid I'm going to be one of those 45 year old patients in the hospital getting a knee replacements.

And also, I got the 'formal' job offer to work in surgery! I am extremely excited because my desire to work in surgery is really the reason I went to nursing school in the first place.

My only reservation is if I ever have to have knee replacement surgery and I have it there, all my coworkers will see me naked!

It will be like that dream where you go to work and realize you are naked. Because you are!

I could never figure out how people have babies in the hospital they work in either.

Weird.

I guess I will cross those bridges when I come to them.

For now:Excited.

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

lol! Congrats on the job offer! I would agree the coworkers seeing you naked might be a little unnerving but i guess if your fast asleep you wont know any different until someone says something later. lol Good luck with the job.

Natalie said...

Congrats on the job offer!! Any chance this is at a hospital near me?? Totally agree with you on having babies in the hospital where you work.....I had to pick doctors in Holdrege based on which ones didn't go on vacations with my boss....awkward! :) I would hope HIPPA would keep people quiet but I just wanted to make sure my name didn't come up on some beach in Mexico after they'd had too much to drink!

MOM.D. said...

Totally agree! Exactly why I won't be delivering at UNMC where I would have to face the nurses again. :)