Sunday, March 20, 2011

You thought I would leave you with such a vague description of what is going on with my dear son? I won't, but I also won't claim to be an occupational therapist although I am interested in the profession.

He has OT/PT scheduled to come to the house on Monday so we shall see. Here are the contents of an email I sent to my husband the other day.

Sound like anyone you know?

Sensory seeking tactile symptoms may include:
• Frequently craves touch, tickles, back massages, and hugs
• May engage in self injury, such as biting, pinching, or head banging
• Need to touch and feel everything in the environment that other children understand not to touch
• Twirl hair in fingers
• Seeks activities that involve messy play
• Likes to touch soft or smooth surfaces
• Likes the feeling of objects that have vibration
• May cram food in mouth when eating
• High tolerance for heat and cold temperatures
• Prefer spicy food
• Frequently remove socks and shoes

I have no idea how it took me this long to call the doctor. I don't feel guilty, just glad that we might all feel better soon! If you want more info look up sensory integration disorder.

Although the occupational therapist hasn't seen him yet, Dr. Google has.

Hope you're having a good Sunday.

No comments: