Friday, July 10, 2009

Early bird

Rule #1

Don't call me at 7 a.m. unless someone died.

This is a good rule of thumb for everyone. Don't call early in the morning unless I missed an appointment or someone died. Because I'm one of those people who can't get back to sleep after I've been awakened by the ringing of a phone and the worried rush of adrenaline. I'm not one of those chipper, chirpy morning people, I prefer to sleep in a room as dark as a cave until about 10 a.m. on my days "off". In fact, I believe this is a good rule of thumb for most people. Do not call early in the morning.

Except I do have one friend you could probably call. She was one of my college roommates and probably gets more done between 6 and 10 a.m. than I get done all day. But she happens to be one of the most perfect people I have ever met (seriously, I lived with her--the woman has no real vices or flaws that I can tell). You'd think to yourself, how can you be friends with someone that nice/perfect? She is so perfect in fact that even her perfection isn't annoying like you would think it would be. She makes you feel totally at ease talking about your messy life.
She is a great friend (and I'm sure great wife and mother and daughter and sister) and all the nice things about her make her that much better to be around. But she lives far away too so I don't talk to her as much as I used to. Anyway, if you're reading this and you see yourself don't take the word "perfection" as a bad thing. It means I've always been impressed with how you have it all together, even when things aren't going smoothly.
She's just a great person. I've never met anyone else like her.

No comments: