Thursday, July 30, 2009

One of my oldest and dearest friends visited me today. She spent the afternoon with me catching up and playing with my sweet son. She told me about a new man in her life, with that sparkle that you know means she'll most likely marry him. I am so happy for her, because she has waited so long and so faithfully for that kind of love.

While she was here we started talking about my dad. She asked me a few questions and then fell silent. She let me talk for a few minutes and then said nothing more. She is one of my favorite people to be around because she knows when there is nothing to say.

Tonight I am alone in the house, except for my sweet boy sleeping in the other room (who I finally broke of the pacifier habit!).
All I can think about tonight is Allison.
I had planned for her to be born tomorrow, July 31. Her due date was August 5, 2009 but I was going to have a scheduled c-section the Friday before.
I have been sitting here since Holden went to sleep wanting to get out the picture box full of Ally's things but I just can't. I don't think I could put it away if I got it out right now. I wish I wasn't alone and awake.

I don't need to hear any platitudes about how it was God's plan for her to be with Him. I don't need to hear anything, except my sweet newborn Allison crying. I never heard her cry, just myself crying in her absence. My soul aches.

No comments: