Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have an addiction. No, not to painkillers...although I have to admit they are pretty nice.
About a half hour ago I wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper so badly I was willing to attempt to drive my husbands stick shift even after having had knee surgery on my left knee on Monday! I am happy to report that I was not able to do this very stupid thing because I couldn't find the car keys.
Do you think Tony took them on purpose so I would be stuck and not attempt to drive the car? Oh, and also I'm on pain medicine so probably shouldn't be driving. But I justified it to myself because we live like a block away. Unfortunately a block is too far to walk in this condition. So the most I could do now is sit on the porch and longingly look toward the quick shop where I could get my fix. But I'm not doing that, I swear.

I went to put on my favorite capris today and they didn't fit. You know how when you want to get into a pair of pants you don't dry them in the dryer because they shrink more? (I can't be the only person who does this). Well I have been trying to dry these in the dryer because I want them to get as small as possible so that they fit again. But they still slide off my butt when I walk.

I'm happy to report that I'm down 31 lbs. since I had Ally. I'm not going on any triumphant shopping sprees yet though. I think I'll wait a little bit longer, at least as long as my jeans still fit (which they do, but they are a little big). On a side note: How is it possible to lose 31 lbs and still sort of be wearing the same size? I suppose it's a blessing when gaining weight but disheartening when losing it.

My mother-in-law took Holden for the day so this is the first day probably since Holden was born that I can just do whatever I want (well, whatever I want to do while I can't walk or drive--which pretty much consists of surfing the internet or reading a book). It is strangely quiet here.

We got some new furniture because my stepmom wanted to get rid of it since she has decided to move to be closer to family and have dad close to family while he is going through rehab. I'm thrilled with the new leather furniture but not with the reason I have the new leather furniture. The dogs are so not allowed on this nice stuff. It makes me miss talking to my dad. I hope that some day soon he will be able to have a conversation again. It's pretty one-sided at the moment. But I know he loves seeing Holden. It's the only time I've seen him laugh since his surgery.

No comments: