Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I was driving to the hospital to see my dad yesterday by myself. And out of the blue I thought of a question I haven't thought of since I was a kid. When a bug is sucked out of a car window, does it die?

Strange that the question has never been answered after all these years. I considered emailing mythbusters, but I don't know if that is the sort of thing they would research. It might be too boring of a question.

My dad is in surgery as I type this. But I am not currently connected to the hospital WIFI because I am still at home in my pajamas. I drove home last night because I always sleep better at home and they are only an hour or so away. Plus, I hate sitting in hospital waiting rooms. Although in an act of what seems to be fate I did decide to buy a great fluffy beach reading book on Sunday before all this went down.

He is having surgery because they *think* it's possible he could have an abscess on his brain. There is more information but I don't feel comfortable giving it out on my blog because it's his personal medical information and I don't have his permission.

Taking a hot, hot shower yesterday I was praying and said audibly to God, "I'm scared". And immediately thereafter with what can only be described as an impression upon my soul, I felt this verse:

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10


No comments: