Saturday, July 4, 2009

Not....Good.

Happy 4th of July! I've already been to the 4th of July city and we stopped by the carnival because my young cousin (10 year old) is staying with us for the weekend. It was a small carnival, but there is something about carnivals that makes me sad. I think it's the carnies. I just wonder--how do you get to that point? At what point do you say, "well, maybe I'll just become a carnie." ? Maybe some of them enjoy it, but I haven't met very many that seem to act like it's their calling.
We halfheartedly walked around the craft show as well but I'm not in need of anything crafty at my house so it was kind of pointless. Right now Tony and my cousin are shooting off fireworks in our empty lot and Holden is napping so I have some time to myself :)

So the bad news is that I had an MRI on my knee and it turns out I have a full thickness fissure in my cartilage in my knee. Which is not good. To give you an idea, there are 4 levels of severity of this type of injury/arthritis (4 being the worst--bone on bone rubbing together), and mine is at level 3. Ouch.
I will have an appointment with an orthopedist next week sometime to see what my options are for surgery. I don't think this is something that can be easily "repaired". I will know more when I talk to him. I'm having a little bit of a hard time with that news because it means I can't really ever run again. My dad has the same sort of thing wrong with his knee and he is pretty much disabled in his knee. If he does any sort of exercise it is extremely painful.
I'm ONLY 27!!
So...not....good.

No comments: