Wednesday, October 13, 2010


5/8ths of the way done! Only a semester and a half left...



After I finished my final this morning I drove about 300 miles picking up and distributing 640 lbs. of frozen beef.

I think I pulled a muscle.

The good news is I have 80 lbs. of assorted beef products in my freezer. However, I have a problem with meat products that are in their original form (you know how sometimes if you order fried catfish they just dip the whole thing in the fryer--head and all? That sort of thing).

I just realized how often this happens to me: Shrimp, or nearly any seafood. Even when fish skins are left on it bothers me. Chicken can sometimes do it--the wings and drumsticks. And TURKEY!!

I prefer eating turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving.

I could do without the whole bird in the oven thing.

Not that any of those has actually stopped me from eating a meal. Except the catfish thing, I really couldn't eat the catfish.

My 300 mile trip today was mostly on an empty highway through farm ground and everywhere I looked the farmers were harvesting corn. It was 70 degrees and sunny. I love fall.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I fully appreciate this blog. While I for sure don't like meat, I really don't like meat that is named after the part that you're eating....ribs....rump roast....sick....