Saturday, October 16, 2010

Joy is steadfast in sorrow.


One year ago today

Today I spent the day alone. I shopped, ate, and drove in the beautiful weather.
I started thinking about last year at this time.

As it has in the past, it occurred to me just how closely God walked with me through last year. There is no way I would have been able to do any of it on my own. I was thinking about how I used to drive to the hospital 4-6 days a week with an 18 month old, attend school/clinical 3 days a week, take care of my child, house and dogs, and about my husband working full-time and going to school full-time. I got to thinking about the people who helped us through it--who are still helping us through.
I am so blessed.

I know by now I shouldn't be surprised at the Lord's faithfulness, but sometimes I still am.



"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: