Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So today my child broke a flat screen TV. It gets worse: The TV wasn't ours!

I have a gracious friend/babysitter who didn't freak out (at least not to us) about it, but we're still obviously buying them a new TV.

I'm not really sure what to say to Holden about the TV incident. I don't think he really understood that when he hit the TV, it would break.

So it was an unpleasant surprise for all.

I've just been reminding him that we don't ever touch the TV with anything.
And that I know he didn't mean to break it on purpose but we have to be careful.

The poor kid couldn't stop talking about it when he was supposed to be going to sleep.
I want him to feel a little guilty but not to lose sleep over it!

It's only a few (ouch) hundred dollars.

2 comments:

Megan said...

oh no! lol that really does stink.

The Wiechman's said...

Oh my goodness! Hope I would handle the situation as you did.