Sunday, October 3, 2010


My entire life I have never had a hobby. First I was too busy with sports, and then too busy with school, and then Holden came along and I was too busy for anything.
But now that he is a little older I have found something I love to do. I don't know if it came from my parents or if it's something I would have loved to do anyway.
When I was a kid, our family vacations consisted of driving across the country to antique stores and auctions looking for antiques. I don't like the same kind of antiques they did, but I certainly love going to auctions. It's the perfect hobby for someone who is cheap and loves vintage (read: old stuff. And as a bonus, nearly every farm auction I attend has Pyrex glassware which is my favorite thing to find (and use!).
Holden and I went to one yesterday and found some cool rectangular shaped ones (right side of picture).

2 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Hey i saw that Ecetera had a 9x13 pan that was like your dishes. Check it out if you want.

Kara said...

Thanks! I'll go later this week and hopefully it will still be there :)