Thursday, March 26, 2009

Alumni

Every year my old high school has an alumni basketball and volleyball tournament where all the old folks get back out on the court and try to regain the glory they once knew. It is not pretty. But it is fun to watch. Lots of people look forward to it every year because every year after the games on Friday everyone goes out and gets shit-faced and reminisces about the old days. Good or bad. But most people who didn't like high school don't come back anyway so it's mostly good.

Let me preface this by saying I am just about the most jealous person ever. And I'm not sure why. I have never had a reason to be, I just am. So I don't like going to the bar for one reason and one reason only. My wonderful husband's high school ex-girlfriend is always there. To be quite honest she seems like a really fun girl--the kind of girl I would want to be friends with, and probably have a lot in common with. But the simple fact that she once ahem...dated my husband (I think you all know what I mean here) always throws me for a loop. Not sure why, it was like 10 years ago!

This year I can't go to the bar anyway because the smoking ban doesn't go into effect here until June...so being pregnant I must simply go home and take care of my baby boy while Tony goes out and parties with the old friends. But he really enjoys that sort of thing more than I do anyway. And he can crash at a friends house so I don't have to go and pick him up in the wee hours of the morning. It's probably better that he not have to put up with me and my jealousy this year anyway.

Go class of 2000! Hope they win the old man bracket this year!

No comments: